Saturday 5 April 2014

Febrile convulsion

I have managed 90 rotten words so far, but am now going upstairs and am not going to bed until I've got a slightly more respectable tally for the day. I had multiple interruptions from my big boy, and I am so wrecked with emotion at going back to work soon that I have little heart for chasing him away. Then I rather unexpectedly had to visit a cousin in hospital. It was unexpected because I did not expect to be able to go, but also because we (sister and I) had slightly forgotten to arrange to visit her, and Hints were being dropped. So, we went, and had a much more jolly time than is allowed. My cousin is recuperating after surgery, having fallen at home. She is now sufficiently mended to tease her about being drunk, which she was not. In the manner of large families, she is the oldest cousin on Dad's side, and is 74. My sister is the youngest on this side, and she is 32. The nursing staff were somewhat befuddled when we asked if we could visit and they enquired if we were relatives....The nicest part about this very large extended family is that we are almost all in reasonably frequent contact. It really is very pleasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment