Thursday 17 April 2014

In which I am mostly overcaffeinated

I have had a very busy day. Actually, I haven't, and the fact that I even think it was busy means that I need to take my broken toe back to work and see what a proper day looks like again. The husband is on holidays, and so I was free to gad about all day, within the limitations of the bus routes.
I spent the morning doing a bit of dissertation, but mostly bunging small children into their clothes and force-feeding them porridge and bits of banana. Not hard work.
Then I met a friend for coffee, which turned into lunch, and a ventilating session for himself (about his mother) and me (about the wastage of money in the NHS). He went off, and I realised I'd left behind the caramel square I had been tasked to bring home, so had to trundle back round to where we'd had lunch. Fortunately, it was still there, although it had been taken into the kitchen for safekeeping.
Home, via a bookshop.
Small amount of ironing. Made very handy dinner, then was delivered to my dissertation class. The good people at the University had sent the email about the class to the wrong dissertation group, so we were all there in error. In order to prevent a riot, the tutor had us all discuss how we were getting along, and then we left - almost two hours earlier than we'd expected.
A friend offered to bring me home, so we went via yet more coffee and more buns, and a ventilating session for her (about the parlous job situation) and me (about the people we work with).
Home. Idly looked over my talk for tomorrow. Blogged. Utterly prostrate after my so-called busy day. I hate to say it, but I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment